Yes, there are quite a few areas where the law does not apply:
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Personal care items such as cosmetics, shampoo, mouthwash, toothpaste or shaving cream.
- Any food product regulated by the USDA, which includes meat, poultry, or certain egg products.
- Any product regulated by the Alcohol, Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (ATTB). This includes alcoholic drinks, spirits, beer and tobacco products.
- Any restaurant foods or foods that are placed in a wrapper or container in response to a person’s order for that food. This includes street vendors, festival foods, fast food restaurants.
- Kosher labeling
- Pet foods, supplements, and supplies